Saturday, January 1, 2011

My Bags Are Packed, I'm Ready to Go ...

I guess I have to admit that I'm excited. Nervous, yet looking forward to kicking up my motivation. I've packed like I'm going for months. It's all those layers that I'm going to need in this ridiculous weather of ours. We Californians just aren't that hardy.

Did four miles, yesterday, on fairly level, paved surfaces. The trails will be the trick. This was a beautiful day to do it, though. Trying another route today which should be about as long.

The forecast isn't quite so good for Mon/Tue hiking. I saw someone's hiking shoes, caked in mud, from last week at FR. If they can do it, so can I.

3 comments:

  1. You go girl! I better get my walking game on. Heading to REI's Seattle Flagship store on Monday to get my trail runners/light hikers. The question is ankle support or no ankle support.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo ... REI! How fun! I vote for no ankle support, myself. Personal preference, but I do believe I heard someone say that was actually better for your feet. Then again, I could be making that up. Looks like my pretty trail runners are going to get pretty darned messed up with the mud :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a blast, I hope u find energy to blog as I am curious about Malibu. Being a Utah alumni, and heading back there for 2 weeks in April. Want to try Malibu since I am a Cali girl who drove thru the cyns regularly to go to the beach. (sigh) a long time ago. Kick butt!! Cat in NJ

    ReplyDelete