Friday, January 21, 2011

Breakthrough Day

To start with, this was a downer week because I realized that I was going to have to keep off my feet until the doc sees them. I hit the bikes and machines and cut out the snacks. Even though they were healthy snacks, I typically run about 300 calories over my daily goal.

Today was awesome! I found out I could live without those 300 calories/day. Who knew?

This one is tacky, but it's the honest to God truth. I spent the day scooting off to the ladies'. It sounds crazy, but I swear my body has finally simply decided to let go of this fat. We'll see.

I also found out that I actually could stay awake until the 5:30 yoga class. I always try, but by Fridays, all I can think of doing is getting home and crashing. Not tonight. Who knew?

While in yoga class, I discovered that, although I haven't been there in a couple of months, I was better at it today than I'd been before. I actually had a bit of balance. (BLR stretch classes, maybe?) Who knew?

Tonight, I sit before you with a fresh case of  optimism. I watched my recorded BL show, where the doctor told the girl on the pink team that she had 58% bmi ... worse than mine, even! He said she was just going to have to suck it up and devote 90 min/day, 6 days/week to working out for the rest of her life. Revelation. Someone has it worse than me. I got right off my pity pot, right there. I may have to do an hour a day, forever. Oh, well. Pink girl has to do 1.5 hours. I've got this. Who knew?

We shall see ...

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! Sounds like you are headed in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete