Sunday, January 13, 2013

Grammi, your weight is ...

I'm no longer in onederland. The good news is that I must be on Team Dolvett, because I have the red shirt. I'm going to actually publish my weight. If anyone is reading this, I want you to know that this is the single most difficult thing I have ever done. How insane is it that I have always kept my weight secret, when anyone with eyes can see it? Putting the true number out there is such a big deal to me. This time, however, I am not going to think. I'm just doing. Since my heart wasn't into this go-round, I figure that thinking will only get in the way.

So, here's the plan for the week: Sleep eight hours plus per night. Don't judge. I'm taking this in pieces. A lack of sleep is my number one enemy. Because I wake up at 4am during the school week, I NEED to structure my days so that I can actually fall asleep at 8pm. That means heading for bed even earlier. Oy. This is going to be tough! It's absolutely necessary, though. I eat sugars to keep myself awake and alert.

I also need to move when I wake up. The treadmill would be ideal, but I'm going to combine the need to fit more into my shorter days with moving ... 20 minutes of house cleaning. Sexy, isn't it? I've been doing the 20 minutes/day of cleaning plan for awhile, now, and I really like it. The only problem is that it's so darned hard to do that after a day at work. It was easy during vacation. Therefore, by moving it to my 4am wake-up, I will be knocking off one less chore and actually moving. This will cut into my FaceBook time, so I'll have to suffer through that.

I can devote less time to breakfast by having my oatmeal and coffee all made ahead of time. I'm doing this on the weekend with overnight oatmeal in the crockpot and making full pots of coffee on both days. I have enough of both to get me through the work week.

Sleep, clean, and admit my weight. Nothing is fun about this.



No comments:

Post a Comment