Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Maybe, Just Maybe ...

This may be it! I may have found the food solution. Of course, I've said that a bijillion times before, but this time ... maybe ... NEVER BE FAT AGAIN is sort of a cheesy title (though it is anti-cheese), but this guy isn't an "author". He is a biochemist. Someone who really understands what is happening in our bodies.
I'm not even a third of the way into it, but I'm making huge changes, already. It's drastic, to be sure. It means admitting that what we've been doing hasn't worked. That may sound like a no-brainer, but it's something I'm really having to grapple with. He has had the smarts to put the actual beginner's diet plan at the back of the book, to be followed only after the reader has read the whys and why nots. I do keep peeking back there, and it scares the holy heck out of me, but then I quickly flip back to the page I'm on and pretend I'll never "have" to eat like that.

I've already started down the organic path. Just like the day that I put down my diet cokes and never looked back (YEARS ago, now), organic eating simply became something I wanted to do. Right there, I'm sort of in his camp and a little more easily convinced that what he says is true. But, to go 100% by his plan ... that just sends shivers down my spine. Still, I know I will.

As if a new mindset has just taken over, little changes are happening. My breakfast oatmeal was already a good idea, yet I was cooking it in the microwave, thus chemically altering it. Who knew? I didn't want to drag pots and pans out to use the stove, then it occurred to me that oats don't HAVE to be cooked. A friend mentioned soaking oats in a blender when juicing for a creamier taste. So I soaked them in their spices, honey, and almond milk for 20 minutes. Dang! It was good! And even less work. This, I like.

The author's premise is that we're fat because our bodies are not being fed. The crap that we put into it is either not food at all, genetically modified so that it only looks like food, or nutritionally destroyed by preservatives and/or cooking. He was supposed to have died years ago, so he must have a point.

Loving my daily exercise! Check my calendar for the new classes I'm taking :) I look hysterical in Latin dancing, but there's only one way out of this, so I'll take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment