Sunday, January 1, 2012

I'm Posting Again BECAUSE ...

Loser for Soup just posted a New Year's blog that is spot on. We say we want to lose weight, at least I do, but why? I've spent so many years/decades saying I want to ... I need to ... I must, yet I've never been specific.

My because has changed over the years, I realize. Used to be that I wanted to look hot again. Yeah, well that ship has left the harbor! Now I'm a grandma and so darned stuck in my ways, I highly doubt that there are any grandpas who could tolerate me, so "hot" is out. And wrinkles just look silly on hot bodies. Then again, I would enjoy being amazingly snappy for my age. Snappy is not trying to be "hot", but rather being vibrant and cute. That would be fun.

Still, at 61, I'm really thinking more about keeping the chasis running, rather than giving it a shiny paint job. I'm taking all kinds of meds, which just goes against everything that I stand for. Shedding tonnage would knock out three of them. Now, THAT is a because! (The fourth one keeps the world safe from hormonal explosions which can erupt without warning, so we won't even entertain taking that off the list.)

My list of becauses:

  1. I want to lose weight because I want to get off of the stupid medicines.
  2. I want to lose weight because I would love to be the snappy-looking grammi.
  3. I want to be more active because exercise actually lifts my spirits and makes regular walking less painful.
  4. I want to lose weight because reduced weight-pressure on my knees and feet would actually make walking a fun experience, again.
  5. I want to say no to white starches because they give nothing of value to my body. (See Boo's poster, below.)


One other stolen quote from Jessica on the BLR FaceBook page:
  Sweat is just fat cells, crying
Love that!

HAPPY NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS!

No comments:

Post a Comment